Saturday 21 March 2015

Solar Eclipse.

 

IMG_8605  IMG_8613  IMG_8615

I’m falling apart at the seems, another bit of tooth broke off, so an appointment was made with my dentist. We woke up early to a bright sunny day which lifted the mist off the surrounding countryside with it’s warmth. After breakfast we looked out to see the eclipse beginning. I went outside and holding my piece of special dark glass over the camera lens managed to get one decent picture. Then the Cabin Boy got the big guns out and tried his luck. He couldn’t zoom in with his camera as much as I could with my little one, so I got the best shot, lol. Then we were off to the bus stop where I propped myself against a pole in order to get a steady shot. By this time the light had gone darkish. With the moon between the sun and us it also turned very cold Then onto the bus and up on the hill the fields looked like something out of Lord of the Rings, with the returning mist spreading across, with a strange lighting effect.

IMG_8621 IMG_8623 IMG_8624

On arriving back we met up with Del and Al for lunch which lingered well on into the afternoon. We hadn’t seen them for sometime so we had a lot to talk about. It had also been their wedding anniversary which called for a bit of a celebration! We really enjoyed ourselves and we hope it will not be too long before we meet up again, luvly jubbly.

No comments: