Friday 10 April 2015

Misty moisty morning.

IMG_8784 IMG_8788 IMG_8787

A very early start around 7.30ish when we crept away turning right at the junction under Bridge 10, all was peace and calm as everyone was still asleep.

IMG_8793a IMG_8795 IMG_8797

At Bridge 7 we met someone one else on the move though. Then we entered Braunston Tunnel and I could see that it was clear hurrah. Looking back another boat had just come in to follow us. However when we were three-quarters of the way through one came in towards us. We passed each other so slowly that there was minimal bumping, thankfully.

IMG_8802 IMG_8804 IMG_8807

We then filled the top lock and while we waited for the other boat to catch up to share the locks I saw Steamboat Monarch moored up, still a bit of mist hanging about. After setting the bottom lock I popped into the Boat Shop and two loaves were put in to cook for me. The Cabin Boy took the boat on while I waited for our bread. So, having my windlass with me I turned the lock ready for the two boats coming down. Two lovely little boating dogs were perched in their special rooftop bed box, luvly jubbly. Walking past Braunston Wharf I saw our friend’s old boat ‘Tranquility’ breasted up with another outside the workshop. I was amazed to see that the spider webs that I had made for them were still in all the portholes!

No comments: